The Association will be formally known as the Liverpool Airport General Aviation Users Association. This may be abbreviated to either LiverpoolAirport GA Users Association or LJLA GA Users Association or GA Users Association in day to day communications /use.
- To promote and support all aspects of GA, working towards increasing GA activity and making LJLA an hospitable destination for GA.
- To promote GA across the broader Merseyside and North West areas using appropriate media to publicise the Association’s objectives.
- To promote the legitimate interests of pilots and trainee pilots at LJLA.
- To actively recruit members to the Association.
- To ensure GA users have appropriate representation with the airport management and with stakeholders operating at LJLA.
- To ensure that the interests of the GA community are taken into account in all matters that affect GA and that consultation with the GA community is a prerequisite to any proposals or changes that are planned or under review.
- To promote GA with local elected representatives and establish a dialogue on both a formal and informal basis.
- To monitor and, where possible, advise on the provision of services and supplies used by GA. The Association will take particular interest in working to ensure unfair and inappropriate charges are not applied to GA.
- The Association will establish a definitive relationship with LJLA stakeholders, a prerequisite to furthering the objectives of the Association.
- To liaise with other bodies associated with LJLA e.g. FOLA , the Consultative Committee, and ATC.
- To provide an ‘umbrella ‘ organisation, moderated and controlled, for the communication of GA interests and concerns.
- To employ appropriate media to further the aims of the Association: this will include a website through which members can communicate andbe updated on issues of concern and interest.
- Membership of the Association is open, as private individuals, to all pilots, trainee pilots and lapsed pilots operating from LJLA.
- A member may terminate his/her membership by written notice to the Association Secretary.
- Any annual membership fee which may be introduced will be notified to members on the website and by email.
4) MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
The Association shall be administered by a Management Committee of no less than four (4) (i.e. chairman, vice chairman,secretary and treasurer) and no more than six. (6 ) i.e.2 additional members.
Election to the Committee shall be made at the AGM (or, if necessary, at a specially convened meeting). The members of the committee shall serve for one year (or until the next AGM) and will be eligible to serve, if elected, for further years.
- The Management Committee, on behalf of it’s members, shall have the authority to pursue any issue of concern in a manner it considers appropriate or necessary in furtherance of the Association’s objectives.
- The Management Committee shall, where membership of an individual is considered to be detrimental to the Association, have the power to terminate or suspend such membership without explanation. Any decision shall be by majority vote and will be final.
- The Management Committee will propose the annual membership fee for approval at the AGM.
Association officers shall be;
Candidates must be nominated to the current chairman at least two weeks prior to an AGM and published on the website to enable proxy votes to be registered.
- The Association shall hold quarterly meetings.: if voting, a quorum of 40% must be present, including the chairman or vice chairman.
The agenda will be published on the website. Any issue for the agenda should be submitted to the secretary no less than fourteen (14) days before the meeting. Minutes of meetings will be published on the website.
- Additionally, meetings will be arranged, as appropriate, when external speakers are invited, to raise awareness, inform, and take questions on specific issues of interest to GA, locally, nationally and internationally.
- An AGM will be held no later than three months after the end of the financial year; fourteen days notice will be given. All members are entitled to vote, usually by a show of hands but, if requested, a secret ballot shall be arranged. The chairman shall have a casting vote in the event of a tie.
- Any money acquired by the Association shall be paid into an account operated by the Management committee in the name of the Association.
All funds must be applied to the objects of the Association and for no other purpose.
- A bank account shall be opened in the name of the Association. Any deeds, cheques etc. relating to the Associations bank account must be signed by at least 0ne (1) of the following committee members: Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer.
- Any income/expenditure shall be the responsibility of the Treasurer who will be accountable for ensuring funds are utilised effectively and that the Association remains within budget. Official accounts shall be maintained and examined annually by an independent accountant who is not a member of the Association. An annual financial report shall be presented at the AGM.
- Annual membership fees shall be established by the Management Committee,if considered appropriate , and approved by the membership at the AGM.
9) CHANGES TO THE CONSTITUTION
- Any changes to the Constitution must be agreed , by majority vote, at a Special General Meeting or an AGM.
- Amendments to the Constitution, or dissolution of the Association, must be sent to the Secretary, in writing. The Secretary and other officers shall then call a Special General Meeting to discuss such proposals, giving at least four (4) weeks (28 days) notice.
The Association may be dissolved, if deemed necessary, by the members in a majority vote at a Special General Meeting. Any assets or remaining funds after debts have been paid shall be returned to their providers or transferred to local charities, orsimilar groups, at the discretion of the Management Committee.
This Constitution was adopted at an AGM held at.Hale Village Hall
on…19th August 2013., by a majority vote of the membership.
Vice Chair…….Andy Ambrose
(Members should send comments to :- firstname.lastname@example.org )